Q. How can I tell if the library has access to a certain newspaper, magazine or other periodical?


If you want to check and see whether the library has access to articles from a newspaper like the Wall Street Journal, a magazine like The Economist or even a journal like Electrical Engineering, you need to go to our Journal List search engine, located in the dropdown under Research or at this link here. If you are off campus, you'll need to log in. 

Once you are at that link, type the name of the periodical into the search bar at the top, and select Search. 

There will be a list of search results and for each periodical, there will be a search bar where you can search your keyword or article title within that publication, and if you choose the plus symbol next to where it says Full Text Access, links to which databases you can use to access it and the date ranges available for it in each database.

If the listing includes "Manhattan College Print Holdings", that means we subscribe to the periodical in print and you can find it in the Current Periodicals section on the 4th floor if the library if you'd rather browse it in print. These periodicals are kept for the current year. 

An image of the Journal List search result for the Economist, including links to databases it is within below a plus sign and information that it is a periodical subscribed to at Manhattan College in print

 To access them electronically, select the blue link to the database with the date range that works for the articles you'd be interested in. 

This will take you to the information for that periodical in that database, allowing you to pick the date you want to read the edition for, or sometimes to search through that periodical entirely for a keyword or topic. 


  • Last Updated Feb 05, 2021
  • Views 5
  • Answered By Laurin Paradise

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0