Q. How can I upload or link material in Moodle?
Faculty are encouraged to link out directly to the library's subscription databases and online journals from their Moodle course pages. This is a best practice for a number of reasons:
- Increased accessibility. Many databases offer text-to-speech options and provide stable, searchable, and accessible PDFs as well as full-text of articles.
- Compliance with copyright.
- Develops student’s knowledge of library databases and interfaces.
- Develops students’ knowledge of features such as citation generators, exporting to citation managers, and availability of various file formats.
- Allows for discoverability of related articles within the database or online journal.
To link to an article, use the permalink or stable URL. For off-campus access, make sure that the following prefix is included: http://www.library.manhattan.edu/login?url=
For assistance with Moodle contact Instructional Design.